Here is a scan of some hair extentions which I dyed as part of my project. I dyed them in the same fashion as most of my two-tone fabrics, by dipping each end into a concentrated pot of dye with added soda ash, then twisting so the dye line was feathered for a grungy effect. Unfortunately as I didn't dye the centre of the extensions, some of the dye wasn't as strong and as a result there was a green tinge left in places. I ended up dyeing the whole extensions intense turquoise as I knew it wouldn't effect the black, and I also added a small amount of navy blue to counterbalance the blonde. I had to use human hair extensions, as the process would not have taken on synthetic hair, and I think eventually it turned out ok. I have an identical extention to the one shown, and I will be adding clustered small black Swarovski crystals to the black part of the extentions, graduating towards the centre, and they will be attatched to a pair of long cuffs for an avant-garde effect! My inspiration to do this was from my previous research of Katie Eary, who used long, dip-dyed hair in her mensewar collection.