Saturday, 7 July 2012

UNDER THE SEA S/S13

Having kept track on the shows for S/S13, it has become clear to me that interest in underwater and seaside delights are still inspiring designers around the world, for both women's and men's clothing. Seeing the end products I can see why the source of inspiration is still running strong, from the lush natural architecture of fins and gills, to dazzling textured embellishments reminiscent of underwater clusters, blue, green and grey tones with flashes of signpost yellow and orange, and even a slightly eccentric adaptation with screen-printed lobster and whale sillhouettes make it one of the most versatile, desirable trends this time next year!


<>
THOM BROWNE


LOUIS VUITTON

MUGLER


MEADHAM KIRCHHOFF

THOM BROWNE

ASHLEIGH DOWNER

ALC

ELLY CHENG


MATTHEW WILLIAMSON EMBELLISHED MAT HOLISHAW PRINT

My favourites have to be the psychedelic appearance of the Thom Browne and Meadham Kirchhoff collections and the gorgeous embellishment by Matthew Williamson. I feel that these merged together could produce a visually stimulating and unique collection. I am debating using these as a starting point for my next project which will be part of my degree next year, where I will be producing a range of women's and men's accessories. I think the bold Mediterranian fishermen pallet will work well with bold lightweight checks with ropey textures and heavy, multicoloured worn clusters of embellishment, particularly on accessories such as cuffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment